Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Monday, October 03, 2005

 

Groundhog day

There is so much in life that is one step up and two steps back.

You think you have it all figured out and then you realize you are learning the same lesson you thought you learned a long time ago, after making the same mistake you made a long time ago and should have learned from, but apparently didn’t. It’s like I keep waking up to my own personal groundhog day time after time.

There is such a gap sometimes between what I know theoretically, and what I end up practicing in reality. It can make a person feel really really dumb. And excruciatingly imperfect and human and densely thick headed and hypocritical. It also makes a person feel foolish for the times they allowed themselves a pat on the back for figuring it out the first time. If that wasn’t jumping the gun I sure don’t know what is.

Maybe the third time is a charm. Does a person get partial credit for trying? I certainly hope so.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert Boshaw said...

Just keep on doing the right thing, Meghan, regardless of the consequences. So long as you keep at it, it will fall into line.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home