Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

 

Unfinished Business

Dear Mark Anderson, formerly of Mark Anderson Photography Inc formerly Photos by Beth in Minneapolis Minnesota.,

I chose you as our wedding photographer because you had taken wedding photographs for 4 of my friend’s weddings. I had seen your work and I thought you had done a good job. Based on the 3 year span in which their wedding albums were created and delivered as promised, I thought the decision was a no-brainer. You were reliable. I basically had your resume in the completed albums of my friends.

Jim and I were married September 6th, 2003. I met with you a month after the wedding and you gave me a box of proofs and told me to choose the pictures I wanted so that you could create the wedding album I had paid for in advance. $2,500.00 in advance.

It is now October of 2005. I still don't have my wedding album. I realize you have closed up the business and live with your elderly parents somewhere near Saint Cloud MN. I realize you may be suffering from some kind of a breakdown. Perhaps you are addicted to drugs. Frankly, I don’t give a shit. I want my goddamned wedding album. I paid you for it and you owe me an album you rotten excuse for a human being.

I have left messages for you with your parents for a year and a half. I started out simply asking for a call back. Then I threatened to take legal action. I have had to leave these messages with your elderly father. Because he is old and he has a total shitbag for a son, I held back my venom and spared him my expressions of outrage and disgust. You have not returned a single phone call.

Wedding albums are family heirlooms. We have a daughter now. She is already over a year old. When she is an adult and her parents are dead, she will not have a wedding album to look at. There will be no book of pictures to look at. Just a box of proofs. You are a horrible person. I don’t care if you are as smack addled as the day is long. You are a horrible person.

I want my wedding album. I paid for it. You have left a black mark on my wedding day. I will think of you when I am 80 and rue the day I decided to pay you to take pictures at my wedding. You left me high and dry when it came time to produce the goods that I had paid you for. You are a crook. You stole my hard earned money and left me with no document of my wedding day. You stole $2,500.00 from me. Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. You really should be ashamed of yourself.

With a great degree if frustration and ire,

Meghan

10 Comments:

Blogger Prego said...

Wow. Twenty-five hundred clams is a lot to shell out for wedding pics. Our wedding photographer, to whom we paid $800 also went out of "bid'ness." Fortunately she contacted us and sold us the negatives for $125. We paid it to save them from the shredder.

Good luck, on what seems like a futile endeavor; though if the guy had a decent track record, his life must have really taken a proverbial sh*t for him bail out with your cash. What a shame.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Tell us how you REALLY feel about it, Meghan.

What a dirtbag.

8:56 AM  
Blogger jlb said...

My sister experienced a similar experience and has nothing to show for it. She paid for some framed pictures. (One was for me, of me and her on her big day)...she never got them. She never got the proofs back...she never got a refund. Photographers can be such crooks. I've suggested the small claims court thing to my sister and she just looks at me kind of like "I'll get to that in all my free time between working full time and raising a baby...yeah right."

I'm sorry.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a horrible, horrible man.

I know it isn't much, but thank goodness you have the proofs. (Or do they have his business name occluding the photos, as many do?)

I paid $2500 for my album, but it was delivered as promised. I then paid $500 for the negatives. But it was worth it.

Can you physically go to this man's home? My first priority would be to get the negatives (because then at least you can have some nice photos printed up), then to get the money back. But ah man, without those negatives, you are screwed. GRRRRRR.

And I imagine he has long since slung all the negatives in the trash.

I can't imagine being in that situation. Absolutely horrid.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Julie Marsh said...

Oh Meghan, I'd cry. And that wouldn't stop me from wanting to beat the shit out of that man, regardless of his personal circumstances.

Have you actually spoken to an attorney about this situation?

1:42 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

I do have the proofs. I can make digital copies I suppose, but it doesn't stop me from wanting to beat the living daylights out of the bastard.

I spoke to the Attorney General about it. It should be a crime really.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Mary Tsao said...

That guy has dealt with enough brides to know that he shouldn't be messing with one.

I really hope this works out.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Fortune said...

That just absolutely sucks big time!!!

Hugs....

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My photos by Beth experience was painful, but I think the pain was caused more by my sisters and the cheesy studio...nothing quite compared to your experience.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I know the message is a little dated but my name is Alex Kugel. My wife and I were married on October 12, 2002 and Mark Anderson was our photographer. We had the same experience. 2500 and no pictures. We have the proofs but I want the negatives. We are in Fargo, ND now and I'm going after him for the rest of it with an attorney. Currently, I'm trying to get as much info as possible so anything would help. My email address is ajkugel@gmail.com. Meghan if you read this, I'd like to chat. If anyone sees this please let Meghan know.

Thanks
Alex

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home