Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

 

Happy Halloween from the Ladybug

















And only one short year ago:

When you have children, the days are long and the years are short.

And that's the truth.

We went trick-or-treating to four houses and then went home to pass out candy to the neighborhood kids. I manned the door while Jim played with Maggie.

Each time there was a knock at the door, Jim pulled Maggie's Ladybug hood up over her head, and she ran down the hall to the front door. She offered several wide eyed "Hi!"s to each costumed visitor. Then she would snatch a fistful of candy from our stash.

She gnawed the top off of three boxes of nerds, ate several animal crackers and had her very first milky way bar. Upon her first bite of real chocolate bar her eyes glazed over and a psychotic smile spread slowly from ear to ear. She spent the next twenty minutes stalking me like a sugar jangled smack-addled huffer, high on crank and deperate for her next hit. She scared me. Real bad.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mary Tsao said...

Cute! Emily was a ladybug last year. I wanted to re-use the costume with Thomas but my husband didn't think a boy could be a ladybug. I didn't have an argument for him since I don't know much about the gender of ladybugs.

And I'm saying this in a completely noncholant and disinterested way, your husband's cute, too!

12:55 PM  
Blogger mothergoosemouse said...

Mary - you must see "A Bug's Life" in which the ladybug is male and everyone assumes he's a girl.

Meghan, Maggie is a darling ladybug! CJ was a bumblebee - same costume style, inherited from Tacy. And I remember the first time Tacy had chocolate too - similar reaction. It was to be expected though.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Rude Cactus said...

Cutest. Ladybug. Ever.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Prego said...

You waited this long to give her chocolate? Somebody call CPS!

And Mary, I'm going to have to side with your husband on the ladybug thing. Ladybugs might be male/female in the insect world, but in boy world it could get your ass kicked.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

She is so darling! And you made me all weepy about the passing of time. Waaa. Makes me want to do a photo retrospective.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

She is totally adorable. My CJ was a tiger. And I agree with Mary about your hubby :)

6:39 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Awww. I LOVE those teeny costumes. Makes me wish I could have another one!

12:26 PM  
Blogger jenB said...

very very cute little bug!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Awwwww, I liked the get-up, and boy did she grow in that year's time!

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home