Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Thursday, November 10, 2005

 

If this is a dream, then let me sleep.

Early in the wee hours of the morning, before the sun came up, before the seven toothed cheese eater awoke, I had a sequence of dreams in which I was having gratuitous mind-blowing relations with my husband.

I KNOW! Ooh. How scandalous!

My husband was lying next to me, sleeping sweetly. He was oblivious to my lustful intentions. I roused out of my dream state. I thought it a good idea to wake him up before Maggie awoke and started making her screeching hungry-monkey sounds.

I leaned over and quietly woke him with a few inviting, initiative gestures. Things progressed quite hotly, thank you very much. It was all so ENJOYABLE.

And then I woke up. Again. My husband still next to me, dreaming sweetly and utterly undisturbed. The process started all over again. I leaned over…., and woke up again. Having accomplished nothing but dreaming of coitus.

I thought “if I could just lift my arm and……” back to dream land. It was exhausting, this cycle of quasi-dreaming. Annoying and exhausting.

Finally, an end to the madness. I startled awake to the lamentations of my toddler, banging her tin cup across the slats of her cell. I rose, puffy eyed from my dream-loop of erotic confusion. I felt tired. I felt like an underachiever. I had been unable to act.
Foiled again.

Coitus interruptus. There is always tonightus.

Don't forget to check out the mommybloggers!

10 Comments:

Blogger mothergoosemouse said...

Why can't I have sexy dreams like that?! I wouldn't even mind the surreal interruptus aspect.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Dawn said...

I have those, and am always in the morning mood, when I then am asked repeatedly for waffles.

It kills the mood, those waffles requests.

Then at night, I am so sleepy that I could hardly perform to my own hopes.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Twinmama said...

Same here. It's torture...

2:22 PM  
Blogger Rude Cactus said...

I hope tonightus brings good dreamuses. Or something ;-)

5:29 PM  
Blogger cmhl said...

dang!!!!

at least you were dreaming about your husband! that is a good sign!
hahahah

7:52 PM  
Blogger JB said...

Ooohh. The sex dream.

I LOVE THOSE. Sometimes I even wake up long enough to convince my guy to go ahead and have a nice cuddle.

And then I promptly fall alseep.

He hates that.

9:11 PM  
Blogger God's Child said...

LOL @ "the seven toothed cheese eater"

I looked up the interpretation of your dream on dreammoods.com
here goes:

Sex
To dream about sex, may be your libido's way of telling you that it's been too long since you have had sex. It may indicate repressed sexual desires and your needs for physical and emotional love.

To dream about sex with someone other than your spouse or significant other, suggests dissatisfaction with the physical side of your relationship. On the other hand, it may be harmless fantasy. In such situations, you may find that you are less inhibited sexually and you can even bring that sense of adventure to your existing relationship.


Not to say any of this necessarily applies--I just find dreams fascinating.

9:55 AM  
Blogger pangolin said...

I have had EXACTLY THIS SAME THING happen SO MANY TIMES! So glad to know that I am not the only one. So frustrating to wake up again, and then realize you are still asleep. Arrgh!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Prego said...

I dreamt that I stepped off the curb and by whole body shook. Does that mean I want to have sex in the gutter?

10:10 AM  
Blogger missjackie said...

I totally know how you feel. There is nothing worse then not being able to finish off the job. That is, EXCEPT, thinking that you have the chance to finish off the job (i.e., waking up next to your husband) and ALAS realizing, once again, that you are not awake!

What did do to deserve such torture by your own sub-consciuos? That must have sucked. Big time.

By the way, I love the various descriptions of how Maggie might wake you up in the morning: monkey noises, rattling tin cans, etc. Classic!

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home