Putting the "MO" in MOFO since 2004

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Meghantown. Make your own badge here.

My site was nominated for Hottest Mommy Blogger!

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

 

Slogging

So, as of today we have officically slogged our way to the winter solstice!!

Pat yourself on the back for making it this far. We shall now get a teeny tiny little itty bitty bit more sunlight each and every day.

Sometimes winter makes me feel like that guy from the documentary "Touching the Void". The guy whose climbing partner cut his rope, causing him to fall down an enormous crevasse. He spent the next week or so half dead and delerious trying to find his way back to camp. If you haven't seen it, it's great. And this time of year reminds me of him and his harrowing journey.

And I also have a post for your reading pleasure here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vicky said...

Ugh! I hate all the darkness at this time of year...it's there when I go to work and it's there when I come home.

At least it's Christmas! Have a good one!

9:54 AM  
Blogger mom on a wire said...

I loved your answers over at the Q&A. No soup for you!

3:10 PM  
Anonymous oktree said...

Strangely enough, yesterday I seemed to notice the 5 more minutes of daylight you mention in a later post. I like winter, but the early darkness does drag on a person.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home